It’s Thursday, beautiful Thursday! I’m thankful for:
- Birds busily dropping by full feeders, filling the yard with wing flutters, seed scatters, and cheerful chatters.
- My glorious new writing desk, and a memorable time assembling it!
- Wise words, good news, and lovely laughter with my little sister.
- Co-workers carrying in an exceptional Mexican-themed birthday feast.
- Lazy weekend hours to rest sickness into submission and the strength to move ever onward.
- Opportunities and once-abandoned dreams rising again from seeds buried in the rich soils of disappointment and proper timing!
- Snappy orange and green color schemes, crafty old English banter, and creamy coconut manna…
Welcome to Thankful Thursday, 2016. What are these posts all about? Well, I keep a Thankful Journal. It was inspired by Ann Voskamp’s book, One Thousand Gifts. All throughout the week, I jot down little things I’m thankful for, and on Thursday I gather a few, gussy them up and tuck them together into a post. Most times the format ends up as bullet points, scattered single sentences of poetic prose with happy little memories woven all throughout. The Thankful Journal is such a small thing, but it’s an easy way to lift my spirits and let me save and savor those day-to-day smiles. A thankful heart can change the world…