It’s been a busy succession of days, moving here and there, from one place to another (working, planting, cooking, planning, celebrating, watering, shopping…) but I’ve been ever so rejuvenating as well! I have a lot to be thankful for:
- An excellent acquisition…or two…or three…of library discards discovered on walks down to the book-lender’s $2 used-book cases.
- Solitary bird chirps kneaded together with warm early gray skies and distant train rumbles.
- Wandering through gorgeous aisles of sprouted seeds, finding new flowers and leaves—a perfect birthday surprise!—to carry home and tuck into the gardens.
- Smokey, caramelized banana, grilled outside over an open fire.
- Thoughtful, deep, lovely animation-watching, thali-sharing, and conversation-ing with my dearest love as we celebrate another trip around the sun.
- Long, gentle rain deep soaking soil at just the right moment.
- Someday zinnias setting foot outside for the very first time, garbed in viridescent visions of glory and exuding tranquil hope.
Welcome to Thankful Thursday, 2016. What are these posts all about? Well, I keep a Thankful Journal. It was inspired by Ann Voskamp’s book, One Thousand Gifts. All throughout the week, I jot down little things I’m thankful for, and on Thursday I gather a few, gussy them up and tuck them together into a post. Most times the format ends up as bullet points, scattered single sentences of poetic prose with happy little memories woven all throughout. The Thankful Journal is such a small thing, but it’s an easy way to lift my spirits and let me save and savor those day-to-day smiles. A thankful heart can change the world…