It’s Thankful Thursday, and I’m so thankful I think I could burst! This week I’m thankful for:
- Surprise packages and gorgeous gifts gathered from loved ones around the globe, spoiling me senseless with beautiful goodies; a feast for the soul!
- Wide window-eyes keeping my mind active and workplace bright…and two intrepid spider plants spicing up the space and embracing lab pet status.
- Roses pruned, sweet peas planted, and early asparagus eagerly spearing the soft spring soil.
- Backyard lilac showing first ever lavender blooms after year upon barren year.
- Less stress and more time to spend on various ventures.
- Last student loan payment met and here no more…joy at settling the long-outstanding score.
- A box of mesmerizing busy backyard bees buzzing beautifully about, inhabiting hive, constructing comb, and picking pollen from a deluge of delicious dandelions.
- Dozens upon dozens of dreary seeds slipped into soil pockets, waking to translate their blueprints into green plants using nothing but dirt and water.
- Hard work and investments paid forward, beginning to show signs of payment back.
- Immensely encouraging words from someone who honestly knows the industry, and flutters of future plans fanning out in front of us as we propose ways to proceed.
- Wild white crocus snow covering a springtime wonderland.
Welcome to Thankful Thursday, 2016. What are these posts all about? Well, I keep a Thankful Journal. It was inspired by Ann Voskamp’s book, One Thousand Gifts. All throughout the week, I jot down little things I’m thankful for, and on Thursday I gather a few, gussy them up and tuck them together into a post. Most times the format ends up as bullet points, scattered single sentences of poetic prose with happy little memories woven all throughout. The Thankful Journal is such a small thing, but it’s an easy way to lift my spirits and let me save and savor those day-to-day smiles. A thankful heart can change the world…