Thursday has come again, along with the reminder of how many things, big and small, I have to be thankful for! This week I’m thankful for:
- The sweet smell of surprise snow tingling my nostrils and teasing my unsuspecting eyes in the darkness of an early Sunday dawn.
- Junk food fading from our kitchen as Dave decides to put a foot down once and for all and blaze a better trail.
- A big invitation to step into a brand new life adventure.
- Revisiting old animation and laughter and introducing them to new dreams and passions.
- Support, wisdom, and insight from loved ones as the solid trail began to crumble under my toes.
- Cliffhanger life stories in process and the opportunity to own a new ending…and the chance to chuckle over the suspense with my sister!
- Mushroom soup and dog hugs to strengthen and warm my soul.
Welcome to Thankful Thursday, 2016. What are these posts all about? Well, I keep a Thankful Journal. It was inspired by Ann Voskamp’s book, One Thousand Gifts. All throughout the week, I jot down little things I’m thankful for, and on Thursday I gather a few, gussy them up and tuck them together into a post. Most times the format ends up as bullet points, scattered single sentences of poetic prose with happy little memories woven all throughout. The Thankful Journal is such a small thing, but it’s an easy way to lift my spirits and let me save and savor those day-to-day smiles. A thankful heart can change the world…