I’m late to the draw today, posting as the sun sets, and yet a darkened sky doesn’t dampen my thankfulness!
This week, I’m thankful for:
- Rain, deep and full, drenching gardens and shaking seeds from groggy slumber.
- Smiling voices over phone lines, stretching and lifting drooping days.
- Sun rays, stretching and yawning through dawn-blanket clouds.
- Digging up stories and winding silly worries into useful word designs.
- Looking forward to life more deeply, anticipating ups and acknowledging downs as moments that round out character.
Welcome to Thankful Thursday, 2015. What are these posts all about? Well, I keep a Thankful Journal. It was inspired by Ann Voskamp’s book, One Thousand Gifts. All throughout the week, I jot down little things I’m thankful for, and on Thursday I gather a few, gussy them up and tuck them together into a post. Most times the format ends up as bullet points, scattered single sentences of poetic prose with happy little memories woven all throughout. The Thankful Journal is such a small thing, but it’s an easy way to lift my spirits and let me save and savors those day-to-day smiles. A thankful heart can change the world…