It’s Thursday, and I’m thankful for:
- Creamy white tulip petals, freshly cut from the orchard lot, daintily grabbing gazes and filtered sunlight whilst decorating my workplace windowsill.
- A delicious surplus of bookbinding goodies dropped into my lap as Dave wraps up an intensive and informative class on the subject!
- Working with neighbors to create a beautiful space—dogwoods, lilacs, and flowering favorites—in memory of a special little life lost too soon.
- A return to the blogging sphere, being here, writing here, making a point to remember and preserve memories here which would otherwise melt away.
- Cinnamon basil, scrumptious savory, and heirloom tomatoes newly rooted in our backyard garden.
- Beautiful birthday boxes—one expertly handcrafted by my man, the other, a gorgeous greenhouse windowsill box gifted by my amazing mother.
- Dave’s devotion and dedication, taking on challenges, holding fast, and handedly handing in an impressive array of projects at semester’s end.
Welcome to Thankful Thursday, 2015. What are these posts all about? Well, I keep a Thankful Journal. It was inspired by Ann Voskamp’s book, One Thousand Gifts. All throughout the week, I jot down little things I’m thankful for, and on Thursday I gather a few, gussy them up and tuck them together into a post. Most times the format ends up as bullet points, scattered single sentences of poetic prose with happy little memories woven all throughout. The Thankful Journal is such a small thing, but it’s an easy way to lift my spirits and let me save and savors those day-to-day smiles. A thankful heart can change the world…