What a beautiful world it would be if, instead of constantly comparing ourselves to people with more and being jealous, we measured our means against those with less and we were thankful!
On that note, it’s time for Thankful Thursday! This week I’m thankful for:
- A postcard surprise from my far-away brother!
- Bare winter whites bringing little-noticed wonders to life: Intricate building brickwork, gnarled knobs on tree trunks, stark lines of bird feeders, trains traveling past…
- Family, once estranged, gathering together, laughing together, cooking and devouring a Thanksgiving feast together.
- A vehicle to borrow when our battery bit the dust.
- A wonderful assembly of neighbors sharing potluck dishes, exchanging stories, discussing dreams, displaying assorted interests, and enjoying each other’s company.
- Leftover turkey and tremendous bowls of steaming turkey soup!