This week I’m thankful for:
- Peaceful backyard haven—heaven!—full of green leaves, feathered friends and good conversation.
- Madrugada moments on the worn, wooden back steps, breathing deeply of new-rain earth, untethered thoughts and chortling songbird melodies.
- A gentle realization: Good. Enough.
- Sickness growing weak and health growing strong.
- Childhood amusement in and joy from sparkler swinging, sandbox digging, bubble chasing, marshmallow roasting, and flower picking a scraggly-beautiful bouquet to take home to Mama.
- Tiny fingers sugar-glued together, sweatshirt sleeves drizzled in gooey goodness, and darling sticky little marshmallow ‘staches.
- Owls, crickets, and train whistles, audible again to my love’s ears after such a long absence.
- Life ever deeper, ever changing, nuanced, laid layer upon layer.
- Lilac perfume cascading from above and swirling ‘round and ‘round.
- A kind comment from a favorite teacher of many years gone by…
(Originally posted on my old blog, Interim Arts, on May 22, 2014)